Re: 8-bit Linux?

Very interesting!  I'll look a little closer in a bit...

One of the nice things about the c128 is the built in MMU...which allows remapping of page 0 and page 1 (zero page and stack, respectively) at any given moment.  The same thing is possible with the 65816/65265 CPUs, which are the next target.  If you also use the o65 format, you can do software relocation.  There are still limitations of course, but the barriers are lower given those things...

Curiously enough, this thing is what drew me to ELKS to begin with...I figured that a 8088 kernel would be close to what I wanted to do. :)