Re: 8-bit Linux?

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 07:50:19AM -0700, Chris Cureau wrote:
> For what it's worth...I still haven't given up on my dream of Unix on the 6502. :)  I've got a good bit already written that will run on a Commodore 128 and working on a ramdisk for those who have external RAM (or an emulator!)
>
> Blazing 2MHz speeds, no memory protection...and I'd bet it could handle multiple users with the ramdisk once all is said and done. :)

Interesting, indeed :) What I wanted once, just for a wild idea (I guess it
would be unusable slow, but just for the "feeling"): using the non-MMU Linux
port (so not elks) eg for Amiga or similar, and write a motorola 68K CPU
"emulator" for the C64 DTV (where 2Mb RAM should be enough for "something" -
and yes, it's not a "C64", maybe with SuperCPU it would have been better)
with minor modifications maybe on the target though.  But with lack of
enough freetime and the "mad" nature of the idea I never tried to do it: it
wouldn't be se useful at all, ELKS would make some sense with "native" port
at least :) :)

-- Gábor