Re: Some words of encouragement

I'd say I'm quite the opposite oa a power user of ELKS - I've
been lurking silently on this list for years.A friend of mine
gave me his Toshiba T110+, a nice 8086 machine. And as I found
out that it could boot ELKS.... "Embeddable Linux Kernel
Subset." Far out!

Downloaded a disk file. Sure, it booted from a 720K floppy.
Nice!

But, sadly, I never had much success beyound that. BUT I managed
to edit a text file and save it back to the floppy. No mean feat
in itself.

This may be badly embarrasing, but I felt MUCHO MACHO. Linux on
an 8086! And I got it to work!

- - -

So i've been silently subscriped to this mailing list for years.
This last surge of interest in ELKS really gladdens my heart.
The exchanges about the possibly available memory models "LARGE"
etc.

I'll never be a power ELKS user, but I sure like the fact that
there are still people who care.

/Olle (by oath comitted to the command line)