Re: elksfs removed from ELKS kernel; EMS memory needed

Reading over the document shows that it's not much use to us. It's an
developer's doc on the EMM APIs provided by EMM386.EXE on
DOS-compatible OSes. It contains developer examples in C, Turbo
Pascal, and Microsoft's 386 assembler, all expecting to use MS-DOS and
EMM386 to actually perform the work for them.

It doesn't tell you much about how EMM works from an actual hardware
perspective, sadly, and absolutely nothing on how it works.

On the other hand, I did get an idea - why not look at FreeDOS's EMM386 source?