Re: ELKS Git repository up on SourceForge + patches applied

Not per se, but it does allow bored students to see "what once was", or generate visual change graphs.

Just think of, say, Wine, which managed to import all their version control history from CVS into SVN, and I think now into Git as well. You can easily go back and see what Wine looked like back in 1994, if you're ever curious.