Re: ELKS dead? Would it run on Zipit Z2?

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Angel M Alganza <ama@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is anybody still alive?  Is someone doing some work on ELKS at all?
>
> I am getting my first couple of Zipit Z2 messengers this week and I
> was wondering if it would be possible at all to ever run a version
> of ELKS on one of them.  I think the Z2 is a great small device which
> would be excellent to run a small operating system with a tiny kernel,
> perhaps a Linux kernel subset?  :-)  Was ELKS ever compiled or thought
> to be run on ARM processors?  Would it be at all possible?
>
> Regards.
> Ángel
> --

Hello!
List is just asleep as we are busy with other things. Indeed not. The
ELKS kernel was originally targeted towards the 8086, and then
extended to accommodate the 80286 device.

However there is already an excellent kernel and user-land for the Z2.
There's also an excellent list for the thing hosted on the Yahoo
Groups pages.

I suspect someone there as already had that thought.....
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@xxxxxxxxx