Re: [OT] An embedded RTOS ANSI/POSIX compatible

Hi Hans,

On 8/9/10, Hans <hans64@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> Thanks for the link, it looks interesting.
>
> Can I ask you why you think it will be ported to the 8086?

The NuttX author told me he have some 80186 based boards and could
port NuttX to it, but now he is focused on porting it for more used
micro-controller.

I tested it on LPC2378:
https://acassis.wordpress.com/2010/08/01/getting-started-to-nuttx/

It worked like a charm. It is very interesting when you see a "Linux"
shell working on uC with just few KBs. I executed an "echo Hello >
/dev/ttyS1" and saw it on serial, like it does on Linux.

> I know there are a
> few gcc-8086 ports but from what I know they are for tiny model only (64K
> Code+Data) and not very mature,

I'm not aware of any effort to integrate 8086 on GCC mainline after
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen's port was dropped from GCC mainline :-(

BTW some interesting links still active:
http://git.etherboot.org/?p=people/dverkamp/gcc.git
http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/16bit/gcc/

Best Regards,

Alan