Re: Has anyone gotten ELKS to run on an I80186 based system?

Hi Gregg,

What machine even has a 186? I now it exist[s|ed], but never knew what it was used in, always guessed some embedded stuff.
Instruction set-wise, the 186 is compatible with 8086/88 (I think it may have one or 2 more instructions), you should be good there.
The 8086 is the "lowest common denominator" of the x86 line, so really ELKS will ((should)) boot on any x86.
I'm pretty sure I downloaded some datasheets for the 186 off the net a while back.
If the machine doesn't make use of PC or SIBO architecture, then you'll need to do some hacking, but it sounds like you know that already.

-Ben