Re: Flight Linux

On Dec 5, 2007 7:05 AM, Hans <hans64@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Gregg,
>
> I was involved in that project (UoSAT-12 OBC386) and I can tell you it is
> not running Linux, also given that the OBC386 is based on a 386EX it doesn't
> make sence to run a MMU-less OS like ELKS. The OBC386 is running a lean OS
> called qCF from Quandron,
>
> Regards,
> Hans.

Hello!
Which is what I gathered from the first of the reports on the subject.
They had more problems just getting started, then any of the satellite
programs we or the ESA have been involved with.

It is unfortunate that the outcome was like that. Using any form of
Linux then would have been good publicity for the projects that were
covered by that umbrella of projects.

But at least I can now mark this project "closed", thank you for your
information Hans.