Re: ELKS sources - just how can the latest version be obtained?

On 2006-1108 00:35:36, Steve Murray wrote:
>    Mario Frasca wrote:
>
>  are you using cvs from the command line or -say- from emacs?
>
>    Thanks for responding - I'm attempting to checkout just by invoking cvs
>    from a terminal session.

nice, this makes things easier...

>    session seems to be suspended at that point. When I request ...
>
>     cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/elks login
>
>    ... I get the response of ...
>
>    Logging in to
>    :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:2401/cvsroot/elks
>    CVS password:
>
>    ... almost immediately, but then when I hit the return key, I get nothing
>    for about 30 seconds, then ...
>
>    cvs [login aborted]: connect to
>    elks.cvs.sourceforge.net(66.35.250.85):2401 failed: Connection timed out

strange...  tried exactly the same from my computer at work and a mac at
home (copy & paste from your message to an xterm) and both log in then
get the whole tree without problems...  the IP address you see matches
what I see here...  I would think about a lower level network problem...
have you got an account really somewhere else?

Mario

--
[quello che cito] non esprime in alcun modo il mio pensiero personale
                  Papa Ratzinger