Re: Ok lets get back on track

Hi Fille,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fredrik Söderlund" <fille.sod@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Linux-8086" <linux-8086@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 12:45 AM
Subject: Ok lets get back on track

First of All
Sorry for my horrible English.
Sorry if i have offended anybody that was never my meaning !

Please no apology, if we don't understand we can always ask :-)

Tanks Hans for bringing me to the right side ...
http://www.alfonsomartone.itb.it/fhlvnr.html

I mean running a C compiler under ELKS ore similuare "C++" ;-)

In that case you best bet is to use bcc (C only). You might be able to port another compiler but I suspect that is not going to be easy.

have learned now that some sort of C bcc, and Asambler, ACK.
Is how to start Now i have to Study both English and Programming ;-)

For English I would use a spelling checker since that can help you a lot. I am not sure about gaining some programming skills using ELKS unless you are after embedded programming skills?

And i am not the right person to judge if the site shuld have the diffrent
Programming Language and compilers on the side But i dont think so.

mmmm..., I think we should since I am personally not a great fan of BCC simply because I failed to build it under Cygwin and Gentoo64. I have received a number of suggestion to solve this one like chrooting into a 32 bits environment but to be honest there are a lots of free 8086 compilers available and some of them are quite good (e.g. Open Watcom, see http://www.openwatcom.org/index.php/Main_Page).

Another suggestion is to use ACK. This has the added advantage that we can target different microcontroller/processors something which might boost the popularity of ELKS. David Given is working on (or has completed? ) resurrecting this compiler. See http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/linux-8086@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/1939852.html for a trail of old messages.

some "ftp" with programs none to work on ELKS .. like  thre example from
microwin
ftp://microwindows.censoft.com/pub/microwindows/Binaries/ElksExamples

Interesting, I guess there are lots of good links lurking away on the internet, Jody, what about adding a useful links page to the website?

Regards,
Hans.
www.ht-lab.com

ore similare