Re: Sugestions !! new issues

I never said I hated anyone of any race, so it is not racist. I also have something to say, and supporting evidence to my claim.

Bad English needs to be stopped. (Linux-8086 commentary)

It just happens that every once in a while, some poor fellow somewhere on Earth just drives us mad with horrible, undecipherable English. It's only natural. The usual outcome is that people use the mailing list just to speculate to the meaning of the broken words. A quote, which undeniably proves this, is here:
===========8<============

> Compiler how to is there any small compilers out there ? to work for
> you on the ELKs system

Do you mean running a C compiler under ELKS or compilers that can be used to compile ELKS and user programs?
===========8<============
Undoubtly, horrible English such as this really pisses everyone off. There is, on occasion, a person that tells the original poster to learn better English. He is almost certanly right. The result is this person with this advise gets flamed by people in non-English speaking countries (Finland, Sweden, Germany, India, etc.) who have very good English, and are just over conscious about how they appear to others. They flame back because they think *their* English is bad. These people, in pratice, are best off to just shut the fuck up. Usually, the thread evolves in this manner:

1. Some guy posts in the worst excuse for English imaginable
2. People speculate over the broken works, writing replies for all possible meanings 3. The annoying guy posts back something that can mean either that our English sucks (which is doesn't), or that he can't understand us, and for us to accomadate for him (which we really can't).
4a. People seculate on what the hell the guy wants.
4b. Flame war ensues.
5. Annoying guy sends 1.2MB e-mail containing nothing but "fuck you" repeated over and over because we couldn't help him.

It should also be noted that a lot of email clients and email providers mark such postings as spam.

Emanuele 'Lele' Galloni wrote:
You are extremely annoying with these racist comments.
Please stop it.

Segin wrote:

Vikas Kumar wrote:

Fredrik S�derlund wrote:
>>>Compiler howto is there any small compilers out there ? to work for you
>>>on the ELKs system

Yes, there is an ACK compiler i think and a bcc compiler as well i
think. otherwise just learn 8086 assembly and use an assembler. it is
not that difficult if you already know C.

regards,
vikas

I *think* he means a compiler to use inside a live ELKS system, but I can't be sure, this guy's English is too broken to really tell.

But, alas, with such horrible English, all you can do is speculate on what they are trying to say, you can never be sure on any of it.

-

The real problem with C++ for kernel modules is: the language just sucks.
	-- Linus Torvalds

-