Re: ELKS on HD from 360 or 720 Floppy?

Hi Patrick,
how are you ?
well u can connect your HDD if it is detachable to a regular computer
and use dd  from the 360 floppy to the HDD  .. of course u will need
to have another machine with Linux on it...
if u r trying to directly install onto the HDD from the floppy using
the 1200 laptop itself, i guess it is tough, because in the olden days
all the booting was done by floppies. Does the hardware BIOS know that
it has to read from the Master Boot Record on the HDD ?
have you been able to install MS-DOS on it ? because if u can do that
u should be able to install ELKS :) although anything might be
wrong....
if something is already on the hard-drive and you do not need it,
maybe you can run dd on the harddrive and zero (/dev/zero) it out
completely (no data) and then try installing ELKS ....
also does your harddrive work on other machines if connected ? how do
you know it is fully functional ?

vikas

On 4/27/06, Pat Gilliland <pgillil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I understand your problem. I am trying to install ELKS on a Toshiba 1200 HD
> from 720 floppies.
>
> Has anyone come up with a method to install onto HD from 360 or 720
> floppies?
>
> Thanks
>
> Pat G
>
> Still using ELKS for production work.
> Patrick Gilliland
> InkPot Productions
> www.inkpotproductions.ca
> (613) 722-1439
> Sent using cyberus.ca WebMail - http://www.cyberus.ca/
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-8086" in

Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack
off a horse.." and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse.."
-