Re: EDE Elk´s

I have a Toshiba 1100+ laptop too and after some hiccups was able to
install ELKS last year on it. The laptop has only 720KB floppy drives
though. I have not tried installing any TCP/IP ELKS work or any
compilers, just the basic ELKS stuff.
The biggest problem is getting a 1.44MB floppy drive to write a 720KB
floppy without making errors.
so i gave up after a while and ran kermit using MSDOS and used a null
modem to connect to a Linux box.
Has anyone been able to get the TCP/IP stuff for ELKS working on any
machine <286 ?

vikas

On 4/27/06, Fredrik Söderlund <fille.sod@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello i we struggled hit this fore some time now
> on my 286 i have  install EDE-ELKS becorse it have 1´44 floppy
> but on my 8088 "8086 but slower" it only have 5´25 flex-floppy's
> i cant get this in with EDE-Elks someone how now how to do ?
> tried the way described in the manual wont go someone got any idea ?
> i now it runs on it do i have a similar Toshiba 1100 laggtop it works fine
> there but only on floppy do it dont have any HardDrive
>
> Kindly reguards Fille
>
> Howto become a Happy Pingwine
> Realese youreself from all Winblowze "Kabome"
> --
> Maybe you can't buy happiness, but these days you can certainly charge
> it.
> -

Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack
off a horse.." and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse.."
-