From: Roger Davis <rogerdavis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Subject: USR 5610c
To: olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx

I have been having BIG problems with my modem.  It worked when I first
install 12.04 on this 64 bit machine, but after a few kernel updates
it quit.  I've tried 10.04 on CD, early 12.04 on  CD, and nothing will
wake it up again.  I need it for fax in / fax out.

This is all covered in a bug report,
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1087519) , and recognized as
confirmed.  BUT it is unassigned for a fix.

Anyway, I saw your comment on a different USR modem
">> scanModem reports that your modem would be supported but
>> under 32 bit
>> linux. You are using 64 bit linux which does not
>> support your modem."
I wonder if I have the same problem.

This modem is said to be a full hardware modem (
http://www.usr.com/products/modem/modem-product.asp?sku=USR5610c ),
but others argue that is not.

This modem has a driver package from USR, but it's an RPM package, and
I don't know if it works on a 64bit machine, or if I can even load it.

Thanks!

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world.
The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(:o:)
  (!)