Re: From Cary

Cary,

I was not aware of the sl-modem-dkms package.
But upon just testing it on a x86_64 system, all was OK, per below.
The slamr & ungrab-winmodem compiles are skipped, because these
modules are not functional on x86_64 systems and not needed for slusb
function.  Let us know how it works out.

The slusb module should auto load when you attach the Smart USB modem.

Anthony, because SENDs from my cellphone have a format rejected by the
ListServer,
some of the intermediate conversations were not forwarded to you.

MarvS
$ find /lib/modules/3.2.0-38-generic -name slusb.ko
/lib/modules/3.2.0-38-generic/updates/dkms/slusb.ko

$ ls /lib/modules/3.2.0-38-generic/updates/dkms/
slusb.ko  ungrab-winmodem.ko  wl.ko

$ lsmod | grep slusb
slusb                  22107  0
lacking a Smart USB modem, further functional tests could not be run.