Re: Trying to get one of my modems to work

John,

For the first modem on the list, the driver exist but for 32 bit linux:

http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hcf/full/downloads.php

For the second modem, the martian-2010XXYY.tar.gz code should work:

Predictive  diagnostics for card in bus 04:00.0:
	Modem chipset  detected on
NAME="Communication controller: Agere Systems LT WinModem "
CLASS=0780
PCIDEV=11c1:044c
SUBSYS=11c1:044c
IRQ=16
IDENT=Agere.DSP

 For candidate modem in:  04:00.0
   0780 Communication controller: Agere Systems LT WinModem
      Primary device ID:  11c1:044c
 Support type needed or chipset:	Agere.DSP

But martian would be for simple dialout, for faxing, you may want to try:

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/kernel-2.6/ltmodem-20100102.tar.gz

as the page
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/kernel-2.6/ltmodem-for-fax.txt
 says:

"The martian packages do not support faxing"

But I don't if the ltmodem package above works with 64 bit Linux.

Regards,

Antonio