Re: Maksym, New Zealand kernel 2.6.32-21-generic

Max,

The output here contradicts itself:

I have changed my

/etc/wvdial.conf:

[Dialer Defaults]
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 X3 &C1 &D2 +MS=34
Modem Type = Analog Modem
Baud = 460800
Modem = /dev/ttySL0
ISDN = 0
Phone = 087305656
Password = Password
Username = Username

#Init3 = ATX3
Carrier Check = no
Stupid Mode = yes

But still I get the same problem:
ezhik@ubuntu-laptop:~$ sudo wvdial /etc/wvdial.conf
[sudo] password for ezhik:
--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.60
--> Warning: section [Dialer /etc/wvdial.conf] does not exist in wvdial.conf.

This part with what you posted above.  Put **** in place of password
and use username in place of your real username please do the
following:

$ sudo cat /etc/wvdial.conf

make sure that it looks like the one you have posted.  You may have a
file /etc/wvdial.conf in your home directory.  Edit the real one
$ sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf

and make sure it has what you have posted.  Also, the version of
slmodemd that is running, as you might be running a different one?

$ sudo slmodemd --version

post it to us.  It has to be the one recommended by scanModem.  I have
checked the requirements of the ISP and they seem kind of normal.
Please try to record the session and also post the output of
$ sudo tail -f /var/log/messages

when you are trying to dialout to see what is happening there?  The
lines in /etc/pppd/options could also have to do something with what
is happening.  I wish I knew all the answers, am trying some basic
ones .

You may take a look at post-install site by Jacques to see if it helps?

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/post-install.html

Regards,

Antonio

PS.
Sorry if my ideas are not working, but I am trying to help you
troubleshoot the connection.  The other options to try would be via
livecds and see if you can connect with them and then look at the
files in your default installation?