problem running bsnl wll cdma for internet through usb.

Sir,
I am living in India. I recently downloaded ubuntu 10.04 and started
using it. It is indeed a very good operating system, even very good
than windows xp which is running on my computer. I have a cdma wll
phone which I used to connect to internet in windows xp through usb
cable. It came with a cd which I used to install its modem. The cd
asked that I would go to Control Panel of Windows xp and then select
Printers and other hardware and then Phone and Modem optioins and then
click the modems tab and then click the properties button and then
click the Advanced tab and wite the command AT+CRM=1 and when I did
these steps and created a dial-up connection, I was able to connect to
the internet with my cdma wll phone. Now the problem is that Ubuntu
10.04 has no feature to create a dial-up connection and no phone and
modem options so that I can connect my wll cdma phone to the pc in
Ubuntu and start connecting to internet. Another problem is that
Ubuntu recognized my wll cdma phone as Mobile Broadband 3g and I
created a network using that, but when I clicked on the network's name
in Connection Manager in Ubuntu, my cdma phone gave a mode signal for
a few moments and then Ubuntu said "Network Disconnected, you are now
offline". Sir, please help me to connect to internet in Ubuntu 10.04
using my cdma bsnl wll so that I can use many features of Ubuntu.
          I hope that you will reply and help me to get out of this problem.