Re: slamr problems on kernel 2.6.31

Roberto,

Please send to the List, not direct to me as rarely am I online.
Antonio can help you best with RPM environments such as your
---------------------------
CPU=i686,  Welcome to openSUSE 11.2 "Emerald" - Kernel
Linux version 2.6.31.8-0.1-default,gcc version 4.4.1

There is service for
Modem: Motorola SM56 Data Fax Modem "
CLASS=0703
PCIDEV=1057:3052
SUBSYS=1057:3020
IRQ=18
IDENT=slamr

and
"Modem: ALi Corporation SmartLink SmartPCI563 56K Modem"
CLASS=0703
PCIDEV=10b9:545a
SUBSYS=2020:545a
IRQ=17
IDENT=slamr
------------
under 2.6.30 kernels.  In principle, the slamr.ko driver can support
multipoe modems.
But for testing purposes, probably best to remove the Motorola modem

there is an unsolved problem under 2.6.31 kernels, So you will have to
install a 2.6.30 linux kernel+module packages and corresponding
linux-headers.

The source code packages are at
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/
ungrab-winmodem-20090716.tar.gz
slmodem-2.9.11-20090222.tar.gz

Read the documentation therein.  Antonio will advise on automation.

Incidental, the USB wireless
ID 0ace:1215 ZyDAS WLA-54L 802.11bg (zd1211rw)
works well on my Ubuntu system.

MarvS