Re: Tom USA kernel 2.4.31

Tom,

Your laptop needs hsfmodem drivers, but you won't be able to do the
recommended install for
"Communication controller: U.S. Robotics USR5660A "
> CLASS=0780
> PCIDEV=16ec:2f00
> SUBSYS=16ec:010a
> IRQ=11
> IDENT=hsfmodem
> Driver=hsfmodem-drivers

But it may not be possible to do so with your usage of an DamnSmallLinux.iso
either with iso as a CD or written to a hard disk.
The hsfmodem drivers installed had to write to directories /usr/bin/
which are read-only on the iso.

Additionally the 2.4.nn kernels are ancient now.  You would be better
off switiching to some Linux using the current 2.6.nn kernel, now
approaching 2.6.32.

MarvS