Re: ModemData.txt

HiHi Emin!

I'm very new to scanmodem and not having good luck with my modem either (thinkpad t22 agere) but I've gotten some experience and good luck and progress with reading the report files:

 scanModem update of:  2009_12_10

My version is 12_26, try getting a new copy. Scanmodem is apparently very frequently updated and never know what might be new in it.

Presently install your Linux Distributions dkms package.

You're reported as Ubuntu and there's more info about that further down in ModemData.txt.

(After installing dkms (fedora/yum) ModemData.txt informed me that I needed a martian driver and exactly how to install it.)

After that is done your modem may work, or run scanModem again and ModemData.txt may provide further information.

Have a :) day!

Jim

--
jim barchuk