Re: Automate slmodemd

Andre,

If you are using Mandriva
<quote>
Mandriva 2008.0, and various downloads of other versions.
</quote>

Please run
$ su -
passwd:
# cd SLMODEMD.gcc4.2/

look for slmodemd script in scripts folder(if it exists) and run
# cp slmodemd /etc/rc.d/init.d/
# chkconfig slmodemd on

edit the SLMODEMD_COUNTRY to CANADA since you do a
<quote>
slmodemd -a -c CANADA modem:1
</quote>

and also change SLMODEMD_DEVICE from /dev/slamr to modem:1

Try that and report back.  If you are running Ubuntu, then there is
sl-modem-daemon, but here Marv is the expert so if you can please
send/post ModemData.txt and you can get a better more precise answer.

Regards,

Antonio