Re: Agere systems HDA modem

Sorry to complain, but

1)  please send only ModemData.txt.  We do not need all the other
files, they are for your use only.

2)  under current 2.6.31.? kernels, 11c11040 chipsets don't work :(
sadly scanModem reports that you have such a modem:

 For candidate modem in:  00:1b.0
   0403 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H
      Primary device ID:  8086:284b
    Subsystem PCI_id  1025:011d
    Softmodem codec or chipset from diagnostics: 0x11c11040
                               from    Archives:
                        The HDA card softmodem chip is 0x11c11040

 Support type needed or chipset: agrsm

 Writing DOCs/Intel.txt

 The AgereSystems/LSI agrsm code supports compiling of a agrmodem +
agrserial driver pair.
 There are a few different chipsets which use this driver pair, but
they use different code resources:
 Chipsets                        KV*     PackageNames (most current as
of November 2009)
 11c1:048c and 11c1:048f         2.6.29
agrsm048pci-2.1.60_20091022_i386.deb or
agrsm048pci-2.1.60_20091022.tar.gz
 11c1:0620                       2.6.28
agrsm06pci_2.1.80~20090825_i386.deb  or
agrsm06pci_2.1.80~20090825_i386.tar.gz
 11c11040 (on HDA audio cards)   2.6.27
dkms-agrsm_2.1.80-9mdv2009.0_i386.deb or
agrsm-2.1.80-10mdv2009.0.tar.gz
   All available at:
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/   , whereat
additionally
 automation & testing                    agrsm-tools_0.0.1_all.deb or
agrsm-tools-0.0.1-2.noarch.rpm
 General background                      agrsm_howto.txt
 for rpm variants of dkms-agrsm , see
http://linux.zsolttech.com/linmodem/agrsm/
 * KV == latest kernel release with a reported success

 All of the above packages are dkms competent.  This means that if
your Linux distros dkms package
 is previously installed, if provides for future updates matching
forthcoming kernels.

If you wait a while maybe they LSI/other volunteers will  try to make
the driver work, but till then, sadly it does not work as of yet.

Regards,

Antonio