Re: Ubuntu

Forrest,

You need to edit the file /etc/wvdial.conf

Please run
$ sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf

remove the ";" from the file add your username, password and ISP phone
number.  It should look like

[Dialer Defaults]
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
Modem Type = Analog Modem
Phone = YOUR_ISP's PHONE NUMBER GOES HERE
ISDN = 0
Username = YOUR_USERNAME
Init1 = ATZ
Password = YOUR_PASSWORD
Modem = /dev/ttyHSF0  <--- this could be your modem port?
Baud = 460800
Carrier Check = No
Stupid Mode = 1

Save the file after editing it, and try to connect again.  If you are
able to connect, but you cannot browse, please do the following:

$ sudo cp /etc/ppp/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf

and check the connection with

$ sudo ifconfig -a

you can safely turn off eth0, eth1 on  your machine if they are present
$ sudo ifconfig eth0 down

and try to connect
$ sudo wvdial

Let us know how this goes.