Re: 0x10573055 chipset faxing through /dev/pts/N ports? WAS: Alfredo, Spain, kernel 2.6.28-16-generic

The sl-modem-daemon scripts are confusing your situation, by trying to
use slamr, which is not appropriate for your HDA card hosted modem
Uninstall them:
$ sudo apt-get remove sl-modem-daemon

The audio setting are not relevant to the modem situation/

Tey again the manual setup, which relies on the already loaded
snd-hda-intel audio+modem driver:
 $ sudo slmodemd -c SPAIN --alsa hw:0,6

MarvS