Re: 0x10573055 chipset faxing through /dev/pts/N ports? WAS: Alfredo, Spain, kernel 2.6.28-16-generic

Alfredo,

In your original report:
 Checking for modem support lines:
 --------------------------------------
     /device/modem symbolic link:   lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6
slmodemd created symbolic link /dev/ttySL0:  lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10

This would imply that the sl-modem-daemon  package is installed,
and is automatically setting up the modem through the bootup scripts.
Thus there is a failure when you try to use slmodemd, when it is already setup

To test try running:
$ sudo wvdialconf  /etc/wvdial.conf
which should find the modem.
If so you could edit for a dialout through your Internet Provider with:
$ sudo gedit  /etc/wvdial.conf

Change the default country from  USA to SPAIN  with:
$ sudo gedit /etc/default/sl-modem-daemon
Then
$ sudo /etc/init.d/sl-modem-daemon  restart

MarvS