Re: Trying to get Intel 537EP modem to work in Ubuntu 9.04

I'm glad things are now working for you.  I had needs which pushed me to newer
kernels.  (Later versions of OO 3.x were only compiled and tested with later
kernels and I needed some of the features the later versions had.)

If you have access to a high speed Internet connection and intend to do any
document writing, I humbly suggest you download and install Lotus Symphony
from IBM.  It's a much better word processing package, though it does lack
some OO features.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions