Re: polypower's Lucent Soft USB-Modem with Ubuntu 9.04

As a general rule 64-bit no worky with modems.  The OBJ files provided were
compiled for 32-bit only.  Nobody has written drivers from scratch.

Out of curiosity....what was the file name of the driver the vendor sent you?
Were they planning on maintaining it or releasing the source code as
OpenSource?

Is this a dial-up USB modem, or is it a wireless thing like the Verizon um175
thing?  A wireless modem should have automatically worked with Network
Manager.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions