Re: agrsm 11c1:0620 modem installation on Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04

I guess what threw me the most was the message about files being missing on trying to install the agrsm06pci-2.1.80~20090825.tar.gz package.  There is no indication of what files and/or where to find them.

Just for clarification, in the find command you provided, am I correct in assuming that the "uname" should be the username under which I am logged on?  Or should the command be used exactly as you have it?

If I understood it correctly, the results of running the agrsm-test indicated that wvdial was found.
>Checking for utility wvdialconf
>   Found /usr/bin/wvdialconf, preparing to run:
>       wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf

If I recall correctly, none of the packages I have attempted to install ever installed successfully.  I will do the steps you suggest as soon as I can.  Unfortunately, it is likely to be a while again as I have some unexpected duties elsewhere.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.