Re: modem

If this is the same version of SLMODEM which is being used with Karmic Koala
it is horribly broken.  I don't expect to see it work again any time soon.

The problem is you rebooted.  During the initial installation it creates
everything it needs, then after that, it never works again.

There have been quite a few "update" floated as trial balloons, but one was a
source package that wouldn't install, several others were DEB packages that
wouldn't install.  The last release I tried, just this week was a DEB package
which actually installed, but never successfully operated the modem.

I hope you do not need that modem any time soon.  I've done software
development for over 20 years, and given what I'm seeing the SLMODEM stuff
isn't going to work for another 4-8 months.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions