Re: mehionline, Iran, kernel 2.6.28-11-generic

Mehran,

There is a precompiled slamr for your kernel above at

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/Ubuntu/slamr-2.6.28-11-generic.tar.gz

Download it and extract it.  Run
$ sudo ./setup

and it should setup everything for you provided you followed Marv's
advice with wvdial to check that the modem responds.  For newer
kernels, the package does need to be compiled though.

Regards,

Antonio