Re: Agere on openSUSE 11.1

Hi Sina,
Unfortunately, openSuSE does not use DKMS packages.
However, this modem DOES work- it just needs some manual involvement.

I built the packages on my system from source,
which (I think) is available here:
http://linux.zsolttech.com/linmodem/agrsm/Testing/dkms-agrsm-SOURCE-2.1.80-9mdv2009.0.tgz

To use it, extract the source, change to the newly created directory,
and issue 'make module' (Of course, ensure you have kernel source, GCC,
make etc. installed.)

Two files should be generated, agrserial.ko and agrmodem.ko.
Copy these to /lib/modules/(your kernel version)/kernel/drivers/char/

Issue the command 'sudo depmod -ae' to register the new modules, and
load them with 'sudo modprobe agrmodem'

If all goes well, there should now be a device /dev/ttyAGS3 which you
can use to access the modem with any diallers.

If you have troubles, let me know- I'll do what I can to help.

Bjorn.