Re: RV: FM56-USB modem on Ubuntu 9.04(CUBA)

Hermes,

The ./setup script answera was written for the more common slamr
driver usage, but the out

Checking driver install
slamr.ko
slusb.ko
ungrab-winmodem.ko

shows that the needed slusb.ko driver module install was fine.

Do a boot up without the USB attached. To see effects run
$ sudo tail -f /var/log/messages
and plug in the USB cord.

Driver loading and creation of ports should be reported.

To go further you need from near the bottom of
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/  the  wvdial_jaunty_i386.zip
Copy to your Linux partition.  Unpack with
$ unzip wv*.zip
Move into the folder:
$ cd wvdial_jaunty_i386
and run
$ sudu dpkg -i  *.deb
Which will complete your wvdial support.

Next the modem should be found by
$ sudo wvdialconf
See the wvdial.txt for follow through details.

MarvS