Re: Agere on openSUSE 11.1

Sina,

scanModem reports that you have 11c11040 chipset:

Codec: LSI ID 1040
Address: 1
Vendor Id: 0x11c11040
Subsystem Id: 0x11c10001
Revision Id: 0x100200
Modem Function Group: 0x1

 The audio card hosts a softmodem chip:  0x11c11040
If not a Conexant modem, the driver agrsm with its dependent drivers:

----------
provide audio + modem support with the modem chip residing on the subsystem.
Any particular card can host any one of several soft modem chips.

=== Finished firmware and bootup diagnostics, next deducing cogent software. ===
 Completed candidate modem analyses.

 The base of the UDEV device file system is: /dev/.udev

 Versions adequately match for the compiler installed: 4.3.2
             and the compiler used in kernel assembly: 4.3

 linux-headers-2.6.27.7-9-pae resources needed for compiling are not
manifestly ready!

 If compiling is necessary packages must be installed, providing:
	 kernel-source-2.6.27.7-9-pae

You would need to install kernel headers/kernel development libraries
to get it going:

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/dkms-agrsm-2.1.80-2mdv2009.0.i586.rpm

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/agrsm-tools-0.0.1-2.noarch.rpm

Download above files and hopefully you have dkms installed on your
system.  For Suse/OpenSUSE Bjorn is better suited to advice you since
I am not familiar with procedures on how to get it going, there is a
HOW TO, but the dkms package route would/should be easier.

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/HOWTO-Agere-11c11040-HDA.html

I wish I could give you better more precise explanation, but I hope to
at least give you something to help you get started.

Regards,

Antonio