Re: OMG Please Help Me - USB not PCI Thomson SGS supported by

Neal,

scanModem is a tool mainly aimed at so-called PCI internal modems.

Yours is an external modem thus scanModem and ModemData.txt valuably report the identity of your modem but not more.

Will perhaps you,  _*and certainly whoever wants to help*_,  read

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-nineth/msg00739.html

and the previous and next threads linked in that Web page?

The information in there is for an Ubuntu kernel 2.6.27-7 but your friend has equipped you with version 2.6.28-11.

Thus the compilation reported by Marv in http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-nineth/msg00739.html

has to be repeated.

I unfortunately cannot help because I even do not use Ubuntu/KUbuntu at all , while the exact version which you now have on your computer is necessary to send you a precompiled module.

Furthermore there is no further report, success, failure, from David Knabe <davidknabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:davidknabe%40iprimus.com.au>>

Perhaps you want to contact him directly.

Jacque

Neal B wrote:

My friend upgraded my kubuntu and now i need to reconfig my modem but
im not the one who set it up.  Please help me.  I need step by step
instructions on how to set up and config my modem. thank you