Re: Read http://www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading/change-irq-settings.htm

Hmm... that makes things difficult:
- The only physical device in a PCI slot on my computer is the modem.
- I cannot move the video card- it is in the only PCI-E x16 slot on my
motherboard.

- The ethernet controller on IRQ219 is odd, but it still works. I think
the driver is moving it to this IRQ on loading.

- I will try enabling the legacy USB devices/disabling USB2, and install
only the 536EP modem for now.

- My BIOS only offers two options for SATA and IDE: On or off. Since I
have both a SATA main drive (and DVDRW) as well as an IDE data drive, I
cannot disable either.

- I've already tried moving the modem among the three free slots in the
motherboard. No success.

- My BIOS offers no options for manually setting the IRQs.

- What would really make things easy is if all USB devices did as USB is
supposed to, and share only one IRQ for the whole USB bus.

If you have any suggestions, I'd like to hear them - There are a few
things I'd like to try with my Windows install too.

Once I have some more time, I'll also try booting with a Live CD to see
what the interrupt config is like.

Best,
Bjorn.