Re: Sameer, India kernel 2.6.28-11-generic

Shiva,

Have you tried the workaround in the meantime suggested by scanModem:

Currently, the dkms-agrsm code is NOT competent for 2.26.28 and later kernels.
 A short term fix is to install linux-image + linux-headers packages
 for earlier kernels.
 For example, for Ubuntu Jaunty with 2.6.28 kernels, linux-image +
 linux-headers packages
 for earlier 2.26.27 series Intrepid kernels can be installed. Search
 for them at:
   http://packages.ubuntu.com

 The primary dkms-agrsm resource site is
 http://linux.zsolttech.com/linmodem/agrsm/
 whereat a few different packaging types are available. Debian type
 installers (supporting Ubuntu too)
 are copied to http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/
 . Thereat the current package
 is the dkms-agrsm_2.1.80-6_i386.deb is for Agere/LSI chipsets hosted
 on High Definition Audio cards.
 Read the Modem/DOCs/Agrsm.txt for details.

I guess someone else has made it work, but I don't know immediately
from the top of my head.

Regards,

Antonio