Re: Jaunty

Lazaro,

Currently enroute from Wash DC to Chicago by two cars.
My son (fresh math PhD) is starting a job there after six months delay
because of the US financial mess.

Briefly,
0) See the example at See the example at
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-eighth/msg03863.html
1) install the package dkms, which you can get through
http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/dkms
which is well supported under Jaunty now
2) you will have to use and older kernel for a while, get
http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid-updates/i386/kernel-image-2.6.27-11-generic-di/download
http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/linux-headers-2.6.27-11-generic
http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/linux-headers-2.6.27-11
3) get from http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/
 agrsm_howto.txt
 agrsm-tools_0.0.1_all.deb
dkms-agrsm_2.1.80-7_i386.deb

4) sudo dpkg -i  dkms_2*.deb linux*.deb
will install the dkms, the linux-headers and linux-image package.

5) reboot using the 2.6.27-11 kernel
$ sudo dpkg -i dkms-agrms*.deb agrsm-tools*.deb
which will invite dkms to compile & install the agrmodem + agrmodem
drivers from the dkms-agrms

6) sudo agrsm-test
will do a first functional test of the modem.

We are currently in the  process of updating the agrsm code to work
under Jaunty, but it is not yet fully confirmed under  2.6.28 kernels
yet, so use of the 2.6.27 kernel is necessary temporarily

Hugo Canelli has reported a success with these drivers with your
11c1:0620 modem hardware.

Marv S