Re: jeremy, united states, kernel 2.6.28-11-generic

AOL doesnot support a transparent Linux dialout.
You have to follow the  procedures described at the  Pengy site,
though my success has been very rare and I haven't tested in a few years.
For Linux, you will be better off with another Internet provider.

MarvS
scanModem maintainer