Re: Source for agrmodemlib.o/agrsm_core.o?

Bjorn Wielens wrote:
David, I should also mention that the your issue is not uncommon- people
with 64 bit systems also face this issue, since the core is compiled
only for 32-bit systems.

What does the core contain --- the softmodem code only, or the whole DSP communication package? I note that there seems to be some dependency on the ALSA library, which leads me to suspect that there's a separate layer that provides an audio interface.

The reason I ask is that I don't actually need any modem code. All I'm interested in is recording and playing back voice, which should make the problem easier.

Also, I see some references to using DKMS for the agrsm driver, but no indications as to what or why. Is this anything useful to me?

--
David Given
dg@xxxxxxxxxxx