Re: Re[2]: testing needed for dkms-agrsm-2.1.80-7mdv2009.0

On 5/18/09, Nikolay Zhuravlev <xxor@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Antonio,
>
> Thus spake Antonio Olivares (olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx):
>
>> Marv and Nicokay,
>>
>> I have assembled lzm packages for Slax Linux Live CD.  I hope other
>> users that have these kinds of modems can test the functionality of
>> these.  I used
>>
>> rpm2tgz , then tgz2lzm to make the Slax Modules.  Modules are located
>> here:
>

> What RPMs did you use as a starting point for the "7mdv" driver.
>

> [skip]
>> dkms-agrsm-2.1.80-7mdv2009.0
>> http://www.slax.org/modules.php?action=detail&id=2477
>
> I am confused. The link points to the "2mdv", not "7mdv" lzm/rpm

Yes it is pointing to the 2, sorry about that, but I do have the 7 on
hard disk and also on module I posted.  Jacques has not mounted the
new file, I guess.

>> Slax forum is over here with post.  We will appreciate all kinds of input.
>>
>> http://www.slax.org/forum.php?action=view&parentID=39934
>>
>> One user wants to know if these packages take care of the
>> snd_hda_inport and snd_hda_export that was in the 11c11040 howto:
>>
>> http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/HOWTO-Agere-11c11040-HDA.html
>

> If you are talking about snd_hda_codec_{read,write}, then yes, the "?mdv"
> series
> fixes the EXPORT_SYMBOL issue. You don't have to recompile the kernel.

This is what I believe as well, but another person believes otherwise
at slax forum.  Slax has crippled kernel sources(not full) does that
make a difference?

http://www.slax.org/forum.php?action=view&parentID=39934

Thread is at above link. Anyone can post as guest after verifying a CAPTCHA

> All,
>
> BTW the presence of the two functions snd_hda_codec_{read,write}() in the
> HDA.c
> file makes the HDA.c file a GPL code. Am I correct?

I am not too sure of that, hope Marv or someone else can clarify this.

Regards,

Antonio