dkms and slamr/slusb resource from DebianRe: please help

Trevor

RE: I have had to manually update slamr whenever  I have updated the kernel.
Install the dkms package which automates driver compilng.
BEFORE  or when you update a kernel always install the corresponding
linux-headers-Version.deb package, needed for compiling of new
drivers.

Down the package starting at
 http://packages.debian.org/sid/sl-modem-source
Test the install. Should you need any of the dependent packages
get then from Ubuntu, not Debian repositories

The dkms monitor will autobuild and install slamr from code resources
situated at /usr/src/sl-modem-2.9.11~20080817
and will do so upon every kernel update, PROVIDED the matching
linux-headers have been installed.  This is the beauty of the dkms
automation!

For now don't use the package at:
http://packages.debian.org/sid/sl-modem-daemon
I found that is has a version dependency which cannot be satisfied
under Intrepid. And you existing slmodemd is fine, and is not kernel
version dependent.

MarvS