Re: Graham, Canada kernel 2.6.24-23-generic

Graham,

English isn't my native language so I may have misunderstood "something to phone to test..."

My best bet is that you are looking for an ISP (Internet Service Provider) to try to connect to the Internet with your driver+modem.

If I am correct then please take a look at

http://www2.vcn.bc.ca/

West Canada though is huge and I do not know if this free service extends beyond spendlid British Columbia.

For my education (off the discussion list), please let me know if "lower mainland of BC" means excluding the Rockies mountains.

Jacques

Graham Wilson wrote:

Thanks Marvin!

There was an unsatisfied dependency on alsa-driver-linuxant, but once
I installed that, the tests succeeded and everything went well.

All I need to do now is try to find something to phone so I can test
the actual functioning of the driver/modem combination. You wouldn't
happen to have any advice on that, would you? I'm out on the west
coast of Canada.

Thanks again. I'm really quite impressed.

Graham

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Marvin Stodolsky