Re: Michael Wagner, Switzerland kernel 2.6.27-11-generic

Hi Michael,
ScanModem recommends the Agrsm driver for this modem.
The easiest way to proceed is with the pre-built dkms package, available
here:
http://linux.zsolttech.com/linmodem/agrsm/dkms-agrsm-2.1.80-4mdv2009.0.i586.rpm
Also be sure to install the init script package, which is available here:
http://linux.zsolttech.com/linmodem/agrsm/agrsm-2.1.80-3mdv2009.0.i586.rpm

After successful installation, you should be able to use wvdial or any
other dialler to make a connection.
(Modem port is typically /dev/ttyAGS3).

If you have any issues, reply back and we'll do our best to help.
Bjorn.

Predictive  diagnostics for card in bus 00:14.2:
	Modem chipset  detected on
NAME="Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia "
CLASS=0403
PCIDEV=1002:4383
SUBSYS=103c:3613
IRQ=16
HDA=1002:4383
SOFT=1002:4383.HDA
CHIP=0x11c11040
IDENT=11c11040
Driver=agrsm

 For candidate modem in:  00:14.2
   0403 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia
      Primary device ID:  1002:4383
    Subsystem PCI_id  103c:3613
    Softmodem codec or chipset from diagnostics: 0x11c11040
                               from    Archives:
                        The HDA card softmodem chip is 0x11c11040

Support type needed or chipset:	11c11040