Re: please help to setup a modem

Kaymo,

 Compiling is necessary packages must be installed, providing:
	gcc-4.3  kernel-source-2.6.27.7-9-pae

Then for the modem with chipset
11c1:0620	Communication controller: Agere Systems Device

For kernels 2.6.26 and later, there best route is to
Install the dkms support package provided by your Linux distro.
Then from http://linux.zsolttech.com/linmodem/agrsm/Devel/
get the latest dkms-agrsm*.rpm package. See for an example:
     http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-eighth/msg03863.htm

The benefit of the dkms approach is that with future kernel updates,
the driver updates  will be automatic on your System

Write back if  problems arise.

MarvS