Nonni Jonsson, Canada

Hello There

Thanks for the link to wvdial,  I am begining to understand this.

In a terminal I wrote su wvdialconf and that worked except it wrote a blank config file

I should have written  su wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf

Now I have a blank config file, I have found it on the computer, that file has a place

to enter my personal information, deleting <>   and have tried to

enter my username and password but I do not have write permission even though

I am in with root.

# gedit wvtest   says permission denied

su gedit /etc/wvdial.conf says permission denied even though I am in as root

does anyone know how to access this file ?

Thanks :-)
Nonni