Re: almost there! attempt connection w/earthlink dial up

-->sending:AT2
should be
ATZ
meaning reset.

Also please use wvdial rather than gnome-ppp until our first success.
gnome-ppp is merely a less informative frontend to wvdial.

Also PLEASE Subscribe the List at www.linmodems.org so your messages
do NOT have to be delayed for manually approval.
AND enable receipt of List REPLYs at your mail filter,

MarvS