Re: new dvr version does trick, 2.6.27 ubuntu

Reid,

Excuse me please but are you aware that minicom is not an utility which can connect you to the Internet? Its function is limited to use (including upload/download) your computer as a dumb ASCII terminal connected by a modem for example to an other PC.

If what you want is to connect to the Internet, we do recommend at least during debugging to use the wvdial package. I suggest reading http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/wvdial.html

Once your connection works and if you care for a more "user friendly" interface (I don't) then you will easily be able to use kppp or whatever.

Jacques

Reid Sheeley wrote:
thanks to all for help, unaware new driver was available. compilation and install complete with pctel driver. linmodem.ko, pctel.ko, pctel_hw.ko all present in /lib...../misc/ . trying to configure minicom, but stuck. unable to bring minicom up in terminal, apt-get install doesn't work and not able to find /etc/modprobe.conf to configure. if better way to connect/configure to the internet please let me know. Reid