Re: tobias, germany Welcome to openSUSE 10.3 (i586) - Kernel kernel 2.6.22.5-31-default

Tobias

It is common experience that  modem drivers can die sometimes when
loaded, and unloading and reloading snd_intel8x0m
can solver the problem.

Also check that your System is not set to periodically try to restart
the eth0 channel, as that will kill browsing under ppp0, through
change in DNS specs.

Also  read through Jacque's PostInstall Howto at
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il  on tuning issues.

MarvS